Sunday, March 29, 2009

POETRY - TAKE A LOOK

Today, was a good day, but isn’t it always
I mean the smallest things that i find joy in make it almost impossible
To not smile and go about my day in a way which would be beneficial to myself and others
I just wait for the day when i can uncover the secrets of the earth
See the beauty of the 100 ft waterfalls,
mountains and plains, volcanoes, and stroke a lion’s Maine
I know this all sounds insane but many take for granted what our eyes were granted on this planet
An excess of plants and trees that allow me breathe,
the ripest of fruits that allow me to feed
On every time i hunger for one,
the abundance of water to quench my parched body

The sun’s glistening rays,
from the source which stays away far enough so i can enjoy its warmth and keep me alive at the same time
The beauty of the bluest sky that stays clear and wide
despite the thunderous clouds that tries to intrude,
the fat honey bees that work to feed and makes my life just a bit sweeter
I don’t mean to ramble but im simply just so eager
1 life to live so i better make the best of it
While today so many people complain of its emptiness
Of its wars droughts and flood
But if we care for mother earth things don’t need to get any worse
It’s about time that we heal our home
And purge it of its sickness
Because I am young and i want to be a witness
Of the future of the next generation and how they will treat existence
Plus, I’m not ready to be evicted.

By: Nadia Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment