Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Barbados again June 3rd


Last night I went out with a friend to club "Extreme", which at first was extremely cold and empty. It was actually a reggae night, and beingg it that i am Jamaican I felt quite at home. It seems that in Barbados people listen to more reggae than they do soca. Later that night the party got really good and i ended up having a lot of fun. However, I have to come back to the point about Jamaican culture in Barbados, everyone here has dread locks, and some people even speak the Jamaican dialect of Patois, I am guessing it was picked up from the music. Either way, at times I actually forget where I am because of how developed Barbados actually is. There is nothing that you can't get over here, be it your favorite chip dipping sauce or your preferred brand of make up. Everything is here. I think it would be safe to say that the people here live quite comfortably. The communities are so mixed with their economic abilities that you really cannot tell who has more than the other.

Either way, the best parts of it all are the friendly people and the beaches.
I love it here, dare I say i may not come back to Canada!

2 comments:

  1. lol no you may not say you wont come back! Sounds like you're having a great time. How has the placement been going? You'll hear a lot of reggae not especially at extreme and reggae lounge but as soon as it starts getting closet to Kadooment all you'll hear is pure soca and calypso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far it has been an amazing experience. The placement is going very well, I am definitely keeping busy. There are many things that i have yet to see and do but I just want to take it easy and get it all done one at a time. Im usually quite tired after work but I still try to make the time to do other things and stay engaged with my surroundings. I have went to 3 cavalcades, that is where i have heard the most soca. They have had foam parties.. and wet fete is coming up.. i dont know if i am ready for all of this excitement

    ReplyDelete