Friday, June 5, 2009

GIANT SEA CREATURE IN BARBADOS!!! da da daaa


On Wednesday afternoon, a friend and I were taking a walk on the boardwalk by the sea when we see a group of people surrounding this GIANT creature in the sand. At first I was scared. It looking like it was kicking, but it was so dark that i could not tell what it was. Then i finally discovered that it was a Giant Sea Turtle. It had to weigh at least 200lbs. We came to realize that it was nesting its eggs in the sand and covering it up. I was then told that Giant see turtles are known to sometimes lay hundreds of eggs at a time. He stood there for quite a while in a amazing to what we were seeing. However, we wanted to give her her privacy so we carried on with out walk, but it was something that I will truly never forget and this is just WEEK 1 in Barbados.

This place is amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nadia, It seems like you are having an awesome time! The beaches look wonderful...I am in Greece but I have yet to come across a beach as nice as that yet...We will see, as I have been doing only archaeological site seeing lately. But tomorrow I will go to a beach! I hope it's white sand like the ones you have seen!....quick question, how do I add pics to each blog post?? thanks!

    Louanne (Greece Intern)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the night we went to see the turtles lay their eggs on a beach in Costa Rica. It is one of my most vivid memories ever. Apparently they will return to the same spot on the beach every year and the offspring of that turtle will do the same. No one can explain it. I have heard everything from patterns of tides and moons to them having a grain of sand from that beach in their brain. Whatever it is, it is truly a beautiful experience to witness and I am glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so unbelievable..a few days before they had found another on the east cost that was about 4 feet wide. Some people have lived on the island all of their lives and have never been able to witness that, but I did. It was so amazing. Im sorry that i hadnt taken pictures, but i didnt want to disturb her. I am looking for to all of the other amazing things i will witness here

    ReplyDelete